Things I've noticed since I'm no longer employed:
1. I want to wear makeup more. Like I painted my nails the last week of work and hadn't in forever. But I've put on lipstick and eyeliner for no reason more since July 28th than I have the entire rest of the year. I've attended 4 weddings and done makeup for those, but hadn't done just for me fun stuff. I do that now.
2. I spent most of last week lying down in bed or on the couch because of weather related migraine. It looks like I'll spend a chunk of this week doing the same. I'm not feeling guilty about that.
3. I pulled stuff out the other day to make an art. Most of it was prep and then I got distracted by the idea of doing a doll related project so there's stuff all over the big table. (We only use the dining room table for board games and projects so leaving stuff out is okay.) And the doll stuff is in situ for the foreseeable future /and that's okay/. I don't have to be productive.
4. I've been wearing a lot of dresses. The kind made out of t-shirt material. I've got 3 A shaped sleeveless ones and a few that are basically long polo shirts. I'm not sure why those are my go to, but they are.
5. My knees don't hurt. I mean they still ache and are clearly still disabled person knees, but they don't feel like someone has jammed needles into the squishy bits and is playing with them. Which may be a slightly graphic metaphor, but it's very late.
6. I have planned a simple meal for tomorrow. Took the meat out the freezer and checked the pantry for the rest. I haven't wanted to cook in literal years at this point. It's not a particularly strong urge right now, but the urge to care take is stronger than my food aversion. So.